Caregiving Kinetics is pleased to offer specialized training for professional caregivers, including direct care aides, medical professionals, and/or healthcare executives.
Our trainer, Dr. Aaron Blight, guides participants through a “deep dive” into the social psychology of caregiving, including an examination of the professional context of care and factors affecting the construction of caregiver identity. Because our training is anchored in research but delivered in an engaging style, participants have described these sessions as educational, fun, and inspiring.
Staff training may be conducted virtually or in-person, and sessions can be as short as 30 minutes or as long as a half day. In some instances, sponsoring organizations have secured continuing education units (CEUs) for participants who attend.
Our professional staff training can be customized for the following groups:
- Senior living providers, including assisted living facilities and nursing homes
- Home care, home health, & hospice agencies
- Intellectual and/or developmental disability (I/DD) service providers;
- Hospitals and clinics
- Area Agencies on Aging (AAAs) and Aging and Disability Resource Centers (ADRCs)
- Professional associations